6 REASONS TO DO THE OPEN
1. Experience the adrenaline rush of competition Share intense moments with the people you workout with everyday. As sadistic as it sounds, suffering together is a bonding experience. You’ll build even cooler and stronger relationships with other CFGGers.
2. Start benchmarking your fitness now Don’t wait until next year when you have no baseline to compare to. Do it this year so you can look back and feel incredibly proud when you see how far you’ve come. Having the measurable data will be proof of your progress. You will repeat open wods in the future, don’t miss out on the opportunity to have data you can test and re-test and always look back on.
3. Miracles happen in The Open and it’s very scalable Can’t touch your chest for a chest-to-bar pull-up? Haven’t strung together any double-unders yet? Get ready to astound yourself, adrenaline will be high and your peeps will be cheering you on. Firsts and PRs happen ALL THE TIME in The Open. You don’t have to do the workouts prescribed, The Open is truly for everyone, there are always scaled versions and you’ll still challenge yourself and learn a lot about yourself as an athlete.
4. It’s super rewarding to push out of your comfort zone Open workouts just do matter more and you will push harder. Being scared, nervous, and intimidated is totally normal! If you live “comfortable” all the time, will you reach your full potential?
6. The After Party – 23.DONE
On Saturday, March 4th, after 23.3 the final open workout, we’ll stick around for drinks and snacks and celebrate the end of yet another Open season. Don’t miss out on the fun!
Click Here To Register
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Save the Date!
CFGG 10 year anniversary part! ~ Saturday, Sept 17, 2022 @ 7:30pm
CFGG happy hour!
This Saturday, July 23 at 7pm at Macondray (2209 Polk at Vallejo)
after 22.3 on Saturday, March 12, stick around the gym to celebrate the end of another CF Open season!
1-2 strict pull-ups
heavier than last week!
90s to complete:
CTB Cindy + max reps burpee box jump overs
rest 90s between sets
score = total reps burpee box jump overs
The 2021 CF Open begins this week!
This week only, bench club is moved to Saturday 3/13 and we will do 21.1 on Sunday at 9:30am. Don’t miss out!
CFGG happy hour – Sat 3/6, 6:30pm
this Saturday! 6:30pm at Peacekeeper – 925 Bush Street
1 Rep @ 30X0 – TOUGH , then 12 reps FAST
In 90s, climb the ladder as high as possible
1-2-3-4-5-6……and so on up the ladder
rest 90s between sets, pick up where you left off each round
power clean + front squat + push press + back squat + behind the neck push press
First Friday starts this week!
Starting on Friday, February 7th, and every first Friday of each month, members are welcome to bring a friend to class for free! No prior CF experience is necessary, just have your friend fill out the form on this link to let us know they’re coming.
Saturday Happy Hour – Feb 1 at 6pm!
Join us for an early evening gathering this weekend at Peacekeeper (925 Bush St) on Saturday at 6pm!