We’re starting nice and early at 6pm with drinks and nibbles at the gym so fear not if you’ve got another event later in the evening. Booze will be provided but please bring a snack or beer if you can contribute. There will be an optional (but super fun and you won’t want to miss out) gift exchange so bring a $20 wrapped gift if you’d like to participate in the fun. We won’t be working out so come by to see how well everyone cleans up in their regular duds.
We are open every day this week! Be sure to double check the schedule before coming in!
Back Squat x 2-3 reps @ 85%
In 5 mins, complete:
when the clock hits 5:00,
score = total reps WBS + pull-ups
This Saturday! November 7th, wod at 10am, party after. Don’t miss out on the fun!
These are great tried and true nutrition guidelines to live by. We don’t expect everyone to be perfect all of the time but sticking to these 14 steps a majority of the time well get you on the track to great health and that lean bod you want.
14 Steps To Eating The Bulletproof Diet
1. Eliminate sugar (including fruit juices and sports drinks that contain HFCS, honey, and agave) .
3. Eliminate gluten in any shape or form. This includes bread, cereal, and pasta. Do not make the mistake of resorting to gluten free junk food, which can be almost as bad.
4. Remove grains, grain derived oils, and vegetable oils such as corn, soy, and canola. Also remove unstable polyunsaturated oils such as walnut, flax, and peanut oil.
5. Eliminate all synthetic additives, colorings, and flavorings. This includes aspartame, MSG, dyes, and artificial flavorings.
6. Eat significant amounts of pastured, grass-fed meat from big ruminant animals such as beef, lamb, and bison. Pair this with fish, eggs, and shellfish.
7. Eliminate legumes such as peanuts, beans, and lentils. If you must have your beans, soak, sprout (or ferment), and cook them.
8. Remove all processed, homogenized, and pasteurized dairy. High fat items can be pasteurized, but they should be grass-fed. Full fat, raw, whole dairy from grass-fed cows is okay for most people.
9. Switch to grass-fed meat and wild caught seafood. Eat pastured eggs and some pork, chickens, turkeys, and ducks.
10. Switch to organic fruits and vegetables. This is more important for some plants than others. See this site for details.
11. Cook your food gently, if at all. Incorporate water into your cooking whenever possible and use low temperatures. Do not use a microwave or fry.
12. Limit fruit consumption to 1-2 servings per day. Favor low fructose containing fruits like berries and lemons over watermelon and apples.
13. Add spices and other flavorings from the Bulletproof Diet. Favor herb based spices such as thyme and rosemary over powders. Use high quality ones, recently opened.
14. Enjoy your food!
Fore more info: http://www.liftupautism.com/. Stay tuned for details!
Join us on Sunday, August 16th for Off the Grid Picnic at 12:30pm after open gym. Check out our FB event page for more info!
5 Push Jerks
10 DB Strict Press
2 Rounds for time:
20 Power Snatches (115/75)
20 CTB Pull-ups
Modified schedule for the holiday, one class only 9am. See you there!
There will be no CrossFit group class on Saturday, June 27th. After 9am BootyFit, the gym will be closed for a members only in-house throwdown.